The Open Web Foundry: Helping Profit Sharing Community Founders Gain Traction and Raise Millions of Dollars
The Arweave ecosystem is experiencing a Cambrian explosion of growth. Since launching our first Open Web programme with last July, there are now dozens of profit-sharing communities that have on-boarded thousands of users, while collectively raising millions of dollars. Developers all over the ecosystem are now quitting their day jobs and building on the permaweb full time. This is why we’re incredibly excited to fuel even more growth with our third incubator programme: the Open Web Foundry by Arweave.
The Open Web Foundry is a six-week programme guiding founders through the process of launching an amazing new startup on the Arweave’s decentralised web. From initial idea, to product, to acquiring users and pitching to top-tier investors alongside other incredible founders, we are with you every step of the way. We welcome submissions from founders creating a new profit sharing community on Arweave, or further developing an existing one.
Arweave enables the development of fully decentralized, permanently hosted web applications. Not only that, but founders can use Arweave to form profit sharing communities (PSCs) around their applications as well, which represents a fundamentally new and fairer business model for their apps. You can find out more about profit sharing communities and their associated tokens here.
The Open Web Foundry is the third incubator programme run by Arweave. Already, more than $1,250,000 in seed investments have been made across nearly a dozen participating projects.
We’re very excited to inspire and support the latest batch of developers to quit their jobs and pursue something they love with Arweave!
As well as potentially fundraising for your project, the Open Web Foundry offers:
- Weekly sessions with Arweave ecosystem leaders, core developers, and Arweave founder Sam Williams.
- Masterclasses by industry experts on topics including: the path from idea to market, token economics, community building, fundraising fundamentals, one-to-one pitching workshops, and more.
- Frequent drop-in office hours with Arweave core team members for dedicated support and guidance at all stages of development.
- Live coding sessions with core developers and fellow community members, with additional helpers on hand to answer questions and help troubleshoot.
- Weekly demo events, where current and previous programme participants can learn from each other and get an insight into the current work happening within the ecosystem
This programme delivers tailored resources and support to both brand new and existing profit sharing communities on Arweave who wish to push their projects to the next level.
The Arweave core team will invest $100,000 in total across the projects submitted during the Open Web Foundry programme. Third-party investors will also consider investing alongside Arweave. In previous programmes, external investors have injected more than $1,000,000 into participating startups. The Arweave investment will be made in exchange for the project’s profit sharing tokens.
The winning projects will be selected by the core Arweave team following the Gitcoin submission deadline on April 9, then negotiations for token purchase will be made individually with each project and its founder(s).
Thank you to our community for what promises to be another amazing incubator — we can’t wait to see what the ecosystem builds next!
See you on the permaweb!